AAEN COVID 19 Webinar
About this Event
FREE Webinar - MUST register to participate...Zoom information will be provided to registered participants before the webinar via email provided.
In collaboration with Asian American Coalition of Chicago, Valentine Austriaco & Bueshel P. C. and GREY, the Asian American Executive Network presents:
The COVID-19 APA Business Advocacy Webinar.
The Corona virus (COVID-19) pandemic has severely impacted thousands of small businesses owned and operated by Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders throughout the U.S. Many AAPI small businesses are not aware of federal programs and services that are available to assist them in during this period of uncertainty.
The CARES Act and includes a variety of loan packages and grants to help small businesses recover from the severe hardships created by the Corona virus pandemic. The federal level CARES Act programs are implemented by the Small Business Administration (SBA). State, County, and City level government agencies also have programs and services to support Small Businesses. The webinars offer high-level descriptions of these programs and how small businesses can gain access to them.
This 5/20/2020 webinar is the last of four webinar series.
Robert Steiner, Illinois District Director of the Small Business Administration (SBA) will be on hand to provide the latest information on the Small Business Guidance and Assistance Programs. This information will be applicable for all businesses and non-profit organizations across the nation. (https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources)
Mark Petrilli – State Director of the Illinois SBDC at the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity will share information on State Level program and how to leverage the Illinois SBDC to gain access to these programs. (https://americassbdc.org/)
--- TBD - IL Counties and
Kenya K. Merritt - Chief Small Business Officer, City of Chicago | Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) will share information on City of Chicago programs and resources.
Proposed Agenda (5/20/2020) - draft 5/12/2020
5/6/2020 – 11am Central Time – Noon
Zoom Information will be available shortly
• George Mui - Founder, Asian American Executive Network (AAEN) – Founder and Managing Partner of Global Consultants United
• Aurora Austriaco - Webinar Platform sponsor, Partner at Valentine, Austriaco, & Bueshell PC & Board Member of the Asian American Coalition of Chicago (AACC)
• Anson Wu - President & CEO, GREY and Co-host
• Ram Villivalam, Illinois State Senator and Member, Illinois Asian American Caucus
• Chiling Tong – President and CEO, National ACE
o Updates on National ACE programs
• Robert Steiner - Illinois District Director, Small Business Administration (SBA)
o Current Status of CARES Act programs
• Mark Petrilli – State Director of the Illinois SBDC at the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
o IL State level resource and Program
--- TBD - IL Counties and City of Chicago programs and resources
Kenya K. Merritt - Chief Small Business Officer, City of Chicago | Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP)
Questions & Answers
• ALL – via Chat – moderated by Anson Wu.